Master-station communication gateway
The Netcon Gateway (GW) Server is Netcontrol’s heavy-duty vendor-independent solution for connecting a master station to several remote sites over IP (WAN, LAN) networks.
Cybersecurity built in
- Built-in firewall only passes through strictly defined traffic.
IP routing and traffic prioritising
- Can connect distinct networks as it supports IP routing.
- Enables the connection of the same outstations to several different master stations.
- Offers traffic prioritising to optimize the bandwidth usage – you will not be paying for unnecessary bandwidth.
Protocol conversions for near-universal compatibility
- Can run the Netcon NFE communications software to convert between the telecontrol protocol(s) used by the outstations and that of the master station, e.g., between IEC-101 and IEC-104.
- The full list of supported protocols has dozens of standard and proprietary protocols, offering almost any-to-any connectivity.
Physical or virtual server
- The standard hardware for the Gateway Server consists of rack servers with up to twenty network interface cards (NICs).
- However, the product need not come with dedicated server hardware: it is often best configured as a virtual server sharing a hardware platform with other SCADA-related servers.